Monday, October 25, 2010
Monday, May 24, 2010
This month marks the one year that we have been solar cooking and we're still amazed at being able to cook in this method. So to celebrate the occasion, we solar cooked three dishes this weekend. We made a solar cooked version of Cowboy Coffee, white rice (which we later turned into Swedish Rice Pudding) and Steak and Onions--we will post the video for this one soon.
It is still every bit of fun as it was when we first began in May 2009. We'd like to thank all our subscribers and viewers on YouTube. We hope that you have enjoyed and will continue to enjoy our solar cooking videos.
Saturday, April 24, 2010
This is the 2nd solar cooked dish we prepared on Earth Day. We used Emeril's Kicked Up Tuna Melt recipe
"L" couldn't believe that it actually cooked :->.
The edges of the bread were toasted, however the center on the bottom side of the bread was soft. The recipe was delicious though and it's definitely a keeper!
Thursday, April 22, 2010
Wednesday, April 14, 2010
Spicy Tomato Baked Eggs Recipe
Monday, March 1, 2010
Thursday, February 25, 2010
Saturday, January 30, 2010
You Know You're Hooked on Solar Cooking When...
- You get more excited by the cardboard box than the item in it.
- You're constantly thinking about the next dish that you could try solar cooking.
- You have a collection of solar cooking gadgets.
- You're out on a clear, sunny day, but you're thinking about solar cooking.
- You add the weather channel to your favorites.
- Your car sunshade spends more time in the backyard than in your car.
- You're only interested in black cookware.
- You can tell time better with a shadow than with a watch.
- You start thinking that aluminum foil is a precious metal.
- A 2-hour meal is a "quick" meal.